On Tue 13 May, will johnston wrote:
> I am glad to see something on smell on the listserv. Olfaction [fancy word
> for smelling] is the least understood of the senses. t.
><snip>
> I would like to hear from others who have olfactory "notches."
> And here's to long "ons" and short "offs"
>
> WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
>                 SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
>                 410-543-0110
> Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter

I certainly have 'notches' in my sense of smell - I cannot smell a gas leak
for instance (That is natural gas, not gasoline). I also have what seems like
very high sensitivity to other odours. It would seem to be a potentially useful
subject for some keen researcher.
Just for a change, I don't have any theories on this subject.
Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>