>I was wondering who among us has been under general anesthetic. I recently
>was out for four and a half hours during re-contructive surgery to repair a
>smashed in orbital bone under my eye.
>I know it may sound silly, but I'm feeling much better (P.D. symptom-wise)
>since the operation. I don't know what else to attribute this to.
>Any thoughts?

I had the opposite reaction to general anaesthesia when I recently had an
hemorrhoidectomy.  Waking up in the recovery room, I found that I was unable
to breathe or swallow for a few minutes until I was given some oxygen. It
was a rather frightening experience, though it didn't last more than a few
minutes.  I'm just wondering if it was harder for my body to initiate
breathing again after the anaesthetic because of my Parkinson's.

It has been four weeks since the operation, and I'm finding my Parkinson's
symptoms worse with more rigidity and dystonia in my off periods, which have
become more frequent.

Celia Jones