The Second Annual Parkinson's Disease Awareness Weekend is Saturday, May 17,
1997 at the Georgia Agricenter in Perry, GA.

Over a thousand people from all over the country attended the meetings, booths
and health fair last year, and we are expecting a good many more this year. I t
will be preceeded by a dance at the Al Sihah Shrine Temple in Macon, GA on the
evening of the16th. The featured speaker on the 17th will be Ray Watts, MD,
Emory University, an internationally known Parkinson's Disease Research
Physician. Other speakers will be: Terrie Whitling, Patient advocate, Udall &
PAN spokesperson; Marc Goldman, MD, Neurosurgeon; Mike (young Parkinsonian) and
Jeannie Blocker of the Brain Bank.

If any of you on this list want to attend, please do. This is an informative
and fun event with free admission  .

Directions: Take Interstate 75 to Exit 42, Perry, GA and follow the signs to
West Gate Entrance, Agricenter. All events will be in the spacious McGill
Exhibition Bldg. Plenty of free parking. For those wishing to attend the dance
on Friday Evening the Al Sihah Temple is located at 745 Poplar St. in downtown
Macon. I believe most accomodations in Macon and Perry are booked, but it may
be possible to get a room in Cordele or Tifton