Hi, Barbara Mallut
Jim Ryan's comments are intriguing, and his sense of smell so similar to
mine.

>Been reading the "Loss of  smell" thread forever, it seems, and finally
>decided to add my 2 cents.
>I have very little sense of smell remaining...
>I've never, ever smoked.. not even a test ciggy out behind the
>proverbial barn, so that isn't the culprit in my case.
>And whatever sense of smell I have left is very selective.
>On the other hand, I just noticed the gardenias ... the star jasmine,
>right outside my office window on the patio.  And THEM I can smell....
>I can also smell chocolate, and pizza...

Now, although I smell very little, even strong smells like burning
cookery, I can still tell the difference between a cup of tea with sugar
and one without, not by tasting, but by smelling the sugar! Wierd, huh?

--
Jeremy Browne
Shaking Hands BBS, +44 (0)1252 626233, Fidonet 2:252/160