In a message dated 5/16/97  6:23:03AM, you write:

<<
 1. Sometimes the "turn-on" is not received; this shows as paralysis.
 2. Sometimes the "turn-on" is received, and confirmed, but the
 "turn-off" signal is not received; this shows as cramp.
 3. Sometimes the "turn-on" is received, but the return confirmation is
 not received, and so the signal is repeatedly sent; this shows as
 tremor and jerking, as in "restless legs" syndrome.
 4. Sometimes the "turn-off" is sent, but the return confirmation is not
 received, so the deactivating message is still enforced; this results
 in the "floppies".  This last effect is, in my experience, more rare.

Jim,

I hope Frances will forgive me for butting in, but I seem to have lost the
original posting, and have only read  your response.

I am particularly interested in your description of the 'floppies'.  I am 45
and have not been diagnosed with PD, but have calcification of the basal
ganglia, which apparently produces a Parkinson syndrome.  However, my problem
is more weakness and intermittent floppiness, with episodes of virtual
paralysis, when only my eyelids flicker and wrists and hands twitch.

I would really appreciate any more information you could supply regarding
this, as I am finding this prelonged period of non-diagnosis very trying.  My
symptoms also include fatigue, double vision, blurred vision, joint pain,
sensory disturbances, dragging feet when tired.

I apologise once again for butting in,

Sue Bunce