From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange  On Behalf Of Perry D. Cohen
Sent:   Friday, May 16, 1997 8:24 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Parkinson's Pins from Atlanta

I visited my Mother in Atlanta for Mother's Day last weekend, where I
met Margaret & Carl Miller of the Atlanta Chapter of APDA. I obtained a
supply of the Pins, designed by Margaret, which is being distributed by
their APDA support group. The pin is inscribed "Find the Cure...
PARKINSON'S" --a message that we can all back.

This is a great promotional device, as is the NPF torch pin. I carried a
handful in my pocket and whenever I met a friend or relative I gave them
a pin and invited a contribution. I also brought them back to our
National Capital Area APDA Chapter meeting where they were quite popular
at the suggested $5 donation. Already I have raised several hundred
dollars for Parkinson's Causes, after paying off the cost of the pins to
the Atlanta group, and I still have most of the pins left.

My intention is to keep raising money by selling pins, but more
important, I intend to give the pins to our supporters for Parkinson's
research funding on Capitol Hill. I have found that Congressional staff
and members remember when you leave such a token.

The pins are available from the Millers.  Contact them for more
information: Email-- [log in to unmask]

....DID YOU CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVE TODAY TO ASK FOR SUPPORT OF THE
UDALL BILL? (HR1260;S535)

Perry Cohen
Washington DC