Dear Susan,

Have just returned (Friday, but then left for a fundraiser in S.F. Saturday and
back again on Sunday
night) from Australia, where I had almost NO exposure to the aborigines except
through...

...viewing and absolutely magnificent exhibit on aborigine history and
spirituality at the
   Australian Museum in Sydney and

...listening (mouth open in disbelief) to one of the primary (I guess)
candidates for P.M., there,
   as she explained why "abos" shouldn't get any financial assistance, etc.,
etc.  Nastily.

Anyway, whille my Australian experience was limited to the arrangements made by
my 80-year-old
(and slightly to the right of John Wayne) step father, and thus not very
enlightening, I DID
reread Mutant Message on the plane coming home and found it even more wonderful
the
second time through.

Thanks again for the nudge to read it.  Hope we'll talk soon!

Kim