IMOHO, I have decided that the word Copy-right is just another Oxymoron,
just as Military Justice and CIA Intelligence.

As a librarian, we have been quite interested in copyright law.
Let me tell you from personal experience what I have found out.

Last November, at our Librarian Staff Development day, we were
fortunate enough to have a copyright judge, who was very interesting.
However, he made the statement that people sue each other all the time,
winning a settlement is much harder.  First you must consider
Intent.  Next you must consider if the person violating the copyright
law did indeed profit from it.
Third, fair use has yet to be completely defined.

You can go to any large library in the U.S. and pull almost all
of the news items and complete texts of certain magazines
off the Internet and mail them to your own email
account, without having to pay for the information.

Most major Newspapers have a Web Page where you can
go in and read the current newspaper, free of charge.
I pay to have my newspaper delivered to my home,
not for the information in it.

As long as someone is not re-selling this information,
I don't think anyone is going to get into too much trouble
for trying to be a nice guy, and giving all of us who
are praying for the Sinemet Patch, a little to be thankful
for on that day.

This is just my own opinion, but  if this is not  true,
 and we have to watch everything we say
and do, then I for one , hope  PD hurries and kills me.
 I really don't want to live in such a world!!!
When I first read George Orwell's book " 1984"  I laughed
at his imagination, now its not funny anymore.

I know I'm telling my age, but life used to be much simpler,
a postage stamp was 3 cents and the mailmen walked and
delivered mail to your door, twice daily.  You could offer someone
a band-aid at work without setting your company up for a lawsuit,
and sharing was taught to all children as the "Golden Rule"
by Parents and Schools alike.

I have to stop this, I'm making myself sad !!!

As Ever,
Marjorie Moorefield
just another librarian with PD
64/9