Count me in. I'm another non smeller (or is that olfactoraly challenged?).
More accurately I can only smell strong 'basic' smells.  Paradoxically my
sense of taste seems unaffected.

During the recent Festival of Perth my family and I attended an outdoor
theatrical event that included a wind machine which blew aromas across
the audience (the smell of the ocean during a nautical scene, roses when
rose petals were being strewn etc). My wife and daughters assure me that
each smell was quite distinct and recognizable. All I got was on unpleasant
smell of burning oil. I felt like the nasal equivelent of the boy in the
tale of
the emporers new cloths.

There are some advantages. Recently my wife was sent a bottle of her
favorite perfume (Its not available here).  You wouldn't beIieve how close
I have to get before I can smell it. -:)

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 47/10