Dear PWPs--

To all who responded to the story about the rabbit and the computer that I
posted a couple of days ago:

1) thanks to all who thought it funny
2) I am not the storyteller, just the story carrier.  Sorry for the confusing
wording at the beginning of the tale :)
3) I like bunnies
4) Joao, thanks for the vote of confidence in my credibility.  Now I won't
doubt my own self so much!
5) Bob Chapman:  Don't we all want to wizz on the blasted things at times!!
6) I am encouraged to supply a story about my dad, the parkie, when he was
first put on oxygen for his emphysema:

My husband and I (who currently live with my parents in order to torture, uh,
care for them better) decided to go to a movie.  Our being away for several
hours was to be the Big Test to see how my parents fared without us.  While
we were gone, my dad suddenly "had to go" and decided not to go into his
bedroom and use his bedside urinal, but to try to make it to the front
bathroom.  This was when he had to use a walker (he has graduated to being
just bipedal, now) and was not used to dealing with his 50-foot long oxygen
tube.  He was wearing a bulky back brace that made bending over impossible.
 He hooked his walker legs on every chair leg and wrapped his tube in most
improbable ways in trying to get there.  My mother assisted him, squatting
and scuttling to try to dislodge his walker and tube.  At one point, while
she was scrunched down below him, his pajama bottoms (the only garment he had
on) suddenly let go and dropped to the floor around his ankles.  They both
got the giggles.  Now she had to "go" too and she streaked through four rooms
on her way to the back bathroom, leaving my dad to forge ahead to the front
one.

When my husband and I got home, my mother reported all this to us with a
grin, finishing with, "Neither of us quite made it!"

Deanne Charlton

ps. I so enjoy the creative use of language among PWPs (no, I am not starting
a thread about "Is language creativity connected to Parkinson's Disease?"
<g>!), especially refferences to "handshakes" and "movers and shakers".  My
dad, who has PD, takes meds in pill form from bottles and rides an electric
cart, really knows how to shake, rattle and roll.