Okay...I'll confess if you promise not to remind my husband.  For a few
years before I was diagnosed with pd, I had problems with the heel of my
left shoe.  I would only wear a new pair of pumps for a few months when
the heel would be worn down on the outside.  I would get them repaired
and a month or so later, if it happened to be a pair I wore a lot, it
would be worn down again.  The last time it happened, I returned the
shoes to the repair shop and explained to the young man who was working
there that the last repair job had only lasted a month.  When my husband
and I picked the shoes up later, the young man suggested I see my doctor
about what could be causing me to walk in such a way that damaged my
shoe.  As we were walking away, my husband asked me if I planned to see
the dr. about this.  I was annoyed and said I wasn't going to take
medical advice from a kid who worked repairing shoes. I now wear a brace
on my left foot & ankle; my shoes are now fine (flat shoes but...);
fortunately, my husband does not remember the incident.

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing