In a message dated 97-05-16 05:27:19 EDT, Linda Forrest's mom writes:

<< Reduce intake of foods that
 >slow
 >the digestive system, wheat and dairy. Power house your body with
 >amino acids(for 5 to 7 days). >>

Studies have repeatedly shown that dietary fats slow the digestive system.
 Wheat and dairy cause overproduction of mucous and are prohibited from the
diets of patients with celiac sprue.

The specific amino acids are important.  Are you suggesting 5 to 7 specific
ones for their specific effects, on an empty stomach so they won't have to
compete for absorption (thus utilization)?  If not, are you simply saying to
take an amino acid pill?  That is, actually, the most expensive way to eat
protein, since protein is made of amino acids.

I can appreciate your encouragement that people look to their diets as a
major component in their health or illness, but this post seemed
irresponsible, even though you were careful to say the diet you refer to
won't work for everyone.  There seemed to be more unproved, regurgitation of
vitamin sales rep hype or something somebody shopping in a health food store
(one of my favorite kinds of stores!) happened to say than sound
biochemistry.

Keep on doing what works.

Deanne Charlton