Kim,

Hope you enjoyed your visit to Australia.

You wrote:

> ...listening (mouth open in disbelief) to one of the primary (I guess)
> candidates for P.M., there,
>    as she explained why "abos" shouldn't get any financial assistance,
etc.,
> etc.  Nastily.

You guess wrong.  To describe Pauline Hanson as a primary candidate
for PM  is like describing Pallidotomy as a cure for Parkinsons. Given her
current high profile, I can understand how you might make the mistake,
especially as Austalian society, deceptively, may well appear not unlike
your
own. In one respect you are absolutely right - the things she says and the
way she says them are very nasty. I look forward to the next election when,
as is the fate of most one issue parties, she and her newly created  party
are ignored at the ballot box.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 47/10