  Deanne, I do not have all the answers... I wish I did. I did come-on
alot stronger than I had intended to. How much have you read in the
last 6 months on antioxidants, something that was almost unheard of
several years ago as a treatment for parkinson, the NADH is a coenzyme.
  Studies on Pheylalanine, Methionine and Trypotophan revealed significant
improvement(caution trypotaphan does not mix with l-dopa medicine).
  With all this attention to reduced glutathione, bromelain, lipoic acid,
Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, NADph, and others, seems like we should
be taking a closer look at the digestive system.
  And I saw my father getting better, the frozen face is gone, his doctor
noticed it the second he walked into his office. My fathers symptoms only
began to appear last year, so perhaps he realized the benefits of these
supplements early.

>The specific amino acids are important.  Are you suggesting 5 to 7 specific
>ones for their specific effects, on an empty stomach so they won't have to
>compete for absorption (thus utilization)?  If not, are you simply saying to
>take an amino acid pill?  That is, actually, the most expensive way to eat
>protein, since protein is made of amino acids.

  I really like this book I found called Prescription for Nutritional
Healing, he makes a convincing argument for additional supplements when
you have an illness. I bought my father the amino acid drink from
GNC it costs one dollar, I had him delute it down to last five days,
then I told him not to use this again for a month, He told me it made
him feel stronger and less weak.  This is what I meant about powerhousing
amino acids, I did not notice any difference when I tried it, so perhaps
my father needed these amino acids in this form. And this was just an
experiment to see what happened, I do not recommend anyone taking this
for any length of time, too much can be just a bad as too little.

>I can appreciate your encouragement that people look to their diets as a
>major component in their health or illness, but this post seemed
>irresponsible, even though you were careful to say the diet you refer to
>won't work for everyone.  There seemed to be more unproved, regurgitation of
>vitamin sales rep hype or something somebody shopping in a health food store
>(one of my favorite kinds of stores!) happened to say than sound
>biochemistry.

  Perhaps I am trying to sell produce too<grin> No, I am not trying to sell
vitamins, but the medical reports that I uncovered are mentioning the benefits
of antioxidants, enzymes and vitamin supplements as a effective treatment.
  What I am wondering about is if parkinsons patients have problems with
malabsorption, not just slowed digestive systems, in any case the problem
would get better with improvements in diet. We know what happens in
hyperthyroidism, still this condition can be confused with Parkinsons.
 If you look into hyperthyroidism and parkinsons you will see that there
has to be a connection somewhere. In hyperthyroidism the digestive system
is speeded up and malabsorbation occurs, could not the same thing happen
if the digestive system was slowed down.
  I am out here learning with the rest and trying to put my ideas together,
I am not a biochemist or a medical doctor, but I do have access to this
medical information, so please do not let me influence your decisions,
but I would like to see what happens with parkinsons if improvements were
made in the diet.
  Autism probably has several causes, I just lucked up on what was effecting
my child, the same is true with parkinson, it probably has several causes,
finding out the specific problem is will have to be done on an individual
basis.
 I am sorry that I came across irresponsibly, I laughted at the person
that told me several years ago that a gluten free diet would help my son,
now thousands of autistic children are gluten-free and getting better.
 I have sent medline reports to this list, and many have had problems
understanding them, so what I did was give the list a clue that their
illness could be from digestive problems, if it only helps one person,
then it was not done in error.
  We have to understand why the body no longer makes its own dopamine,
could this just be from a break in the chain of enzymes?
 Like you have many unanswered questions. Best Wishes Linda Forrest's Mom