"David S. Devor" <[log in to unmask]>wrote:
<<I deeply regret to have to announce that my dear Aviva died on
Wednesday, May 7, at 56, in her 12th year with Parkinsons.
>snip<
<<I am giving you the details as a warning. Since she was always
pushing herself, working, experimenting and taking chances and falling
(often 5-10 times a day), we always assumed that, while in bed, she
was completely safe and we could relax. And so, as it happened, no one
was around to help her when she was choking.

In spite of the advanced stage of her condition, Aviva, an architect
and designer of considerable accomplishment and reputation, was
learning a new, sophisticated, software package for drafting in 3
dimensions. She had a reputation for thinking always of others.
Her smile, for all who encountered her, was her trademark.

Some of you will recall the page one, Wall Street Journal article
connected with Aviva's bilateral pallidotomy and the national ABC,
"Prime Time Live," TV broadcast where Aviva appeared briefly the
day she underwent the procedure. To the end, her pallidotomy rid
her of almost all freezing and much dyskinesia. Her drug holiday
of some 3 months ago was also holding nicely.

I trust you will understand if, soon, I take my leave from the
list.

Broken hearted,
David>>>

David, your loss is great.  our loss is lesser but real. My sympathy may
be a slight help to you at this time.  I hope that it is.

I appreciate your telling us that which you have related.  Wisdom is
possible with enough knowledge.  Before you take leave from the list,
please accept the sympathy from your fellow carers and sufferers. I care
about my self, my fellow PWPs, their family and friends, all the
participants of the listserv, and humanity as a whole (as I think you do
also in your way of seeking to be pro-active to the future.)

Perhaps TIME magazine will honor Aviva and her struggle as well as yours
with a eulogy that we live only in the present ... and only to the
extent that we give our care to self and those we choose to love ... id
est, to care and help.
--
ron      1936, dz PD 1984  Ridgecrest, California
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>