Ken Becker wrote:

> John, I have a question, I realize sending one foot of string represents one
> PWP, right? Why not send one foot for every relative and friend of a PWP? Is
> there any problem with that? I believe the ball of string would grow rapidly,
> and maybe even take on a life of its own!  I will await your reply before
> sending in a large quantity of string!
Hi Ken,
Your idea is right, thats exactly what we meant to say. I'm sorry if
that idea didn't come across with our original posting. We have some
people sending us whole rolls of string to represent their whole family
and relatives, and many of their friends are also sending string, thats
what we want! The more you send the better it is! Its so heartwarming to
hear from people all over the world with their string and their notes.
We ARE starting to get media attention, and hope to get alot more in the
future! We have a lot of projects we are working on with the ball we
will post things in the weeks ahead. So please send as much as you
want.  So again I say just like in the movie "Field of Dreams"
IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME
For all new people and those who have lost the original posting I will
will repeat it with a updated copy, if you have any questions please
post them. This project is for everyone around the world!

ATTENTION:PEOPLE WITH PARKINSON'S, CAREGIVERS, AND EVERYONE WHO IS
READING THIS....
We(Parkinson's support Group of Upstate New York, and a chapter of the
National Parkinson's Foundation) HAVE AN IDEA THAT REQUIRES EVERYONES
HELP BUT NOT MUCH LABOR!
We are building a symbol for AWARENESS OF PARKINSON'S AROUND THE WORLD.
The symbol is a ball of, we hope millions of feet of tieable material to
represent ONE FOOT AHEAD TOWARDS A ACURE; as Muhammad Ali did in the
summer Olympics, this is another way to light our way towards awareness
and a cure. Only with your help will this be achieved. If everyone would
send one foot per person in their family (e.g. so if there are 4 members
in your family, it would be four feet) of tieable material such as
string, and mail it to the address below with your return address. We
ENCOURAGE PARKINSONIANS to send a foot of material for ALL OF THEIR
RELATIVES AND FRIENDS or have them do it themselves
The objective is to build the biggest ball we can imagine to represent;
Across the United States and around the world we are united in this
effort, and will be invisible no more!
Our secondary purpose in our battle to fight invisibility is PUBLICITY.
We all know we need a gimmick: the ball is ours, and will become all of
ours with your help! When the post office is overflowing with the
material you sent this will surely give us a chance to promote awareness
in a highly visible way. We hope to display this ball where we can get
media coverage. We have created a Olympic Flame chart to tract the
growth of the ball.
To recap, with your help:
l. Measure enough tieable material to equal l foot per family member,
relative, friend, etc.
2. Put it in an envelope with your return address. This is very
important; we want to use this for everybody's benefit. We will keep a
tally of countries and states and include them around the circumference
of the ball and on a map we have made up. On request with a
self-addressed stamped envelope we will send you a copy of all publicity
to help your groups efforts.
3. Please pass the word along to YOUR RELATIVES, YOUR SUPPORT GROUPS,
FRIENDS AND ANYBODY THAT WANT TO HELP IN THIS EFFORT.
We know this is different, but ITS WORTH THE TRY, so please help.
MAIL TO: PARKINSON'S SUPPORT GROUP OF UPSTATE NY or (PSGUSNY)
         P.O. Box 23204
         Rochester New York l4692-3204
        (please put ATTENTION:BALL on the envelope
John (48/2) and Donna Testa