Hi. Artane represents a class of PD meds known as "anticholinergics"
which block the transmission of acetylcholine, the chemical which
induces  PD symptoms when   levels in the brain are insufficient to
restrain the influence of this  (Acetylcholine is  a transmitter for
a large number of nerve cell systems and only turns into the
"villain" when  the dopamine-acetylcholine "balancing act" is out  of
kilter.)

In 1993 -- three years following my diagnosis -- I tried Artane for
roughly a 10-day period. In my case, I experienced considerable
relief from tremor and rigidity, but on the downside,  I encountered
a degree of mental "fuzziness" (i.e. short-term memory impairment and
a general sensation of foggy thought process) and fatigue similar to
how I felt after a poor night's sleep. Given the side-effects and
their impact on my productivity at work, I discontinued this med.

Please bear in mind  that the variance in responses to meds is as
broad as the manifestations of PD itself, so you shouldn't form a
final conclusion on one "case history". The bottom line is that
decisions concerning meds should be arrived at in consultation with a
neurologist with an  knowledge of PD .

Hope this helps

John F. 44/7