Hi Deanne Charlton <[log in to unmask]>,

><< Okay...I'll confess if you promise not to remind my husband. >>
>
>Gee, Barb, what's your husband's email address?  I'm sure he'd love to know
>this one!
>
>Your story reminds me of a poem I wrote years ago in which I referred to
>going to the local plant nursery where the guy with pimples and lazy speech
>habits "knew"  his hydrangeas.  It's hard not to be an age-ist when they look
>and sound and slouch so young!  But I seem to remember that I actually did
>know a thing or two several decades ago when I looked and sounded and
>slouched that way, too.

Nothing you say gives the impression that the "so young" DON'T know a
thing or two! Could it be that they, like you in those far off days, successfully
hide their knowledge? They have probably had it drilled into them that
"nobody likes a smartass"!!!

:-)

--
Jeremy Browne - [log in to unmask]
Shaking Hands BBS - +44 (0)1252 626233 - Fidonet 2:252/160