I've been lurking here quite a while and finally decided to put in 2 cents
worth.  My wife is the PD'er  77/~20 or so.  She never has had a good sense
of smell, and PD has not changed it.  Every once in a while she surprises
me and says she smells something. No apparent rhyme or reason to what she
smells.  Passing a dead skunk on the road, sometimes she will smell it and
other times she won't.  I have a pretty good sense of smell, and sometimes
she will smell something that I can barely smell and it will be fairly
strong to her.  As far as "fairy" smells are concerned, I think everybody
gets them.
Bob Anibal   [log in to unmask]