I have been off the List for 6 weeks and just signed on again yesterday
after having spent the last month in Grand Forks, ND.  I've been wondering
what happened to the Udall legislation.  Would someone please let me know
how it did?  Anything else earth shattering happen?  You may reply to me
off-list if you feels that's more appropriate.  Thanks!!

For anyone who used to ski, the week before I went to ND I was in CO and
skied one day at Breckenridge.  I did much better than I expected to -
handled the beginner slopes with no problem and even tackled a wide
intermediate slope.  There was definitely a change in the time it took me
to start turning until my body actually responded - but I did it!  The
first time up on the chairlift I didn't start thinking about getting off
soon enough - the operator at the top was looking nervous - but I learned.
 April is perfect for skiing in CO for PWP.  No one around yet excellent
conditions by Eastern standards.  I pretty much decided that skiing with
mid-season crowds and long lift lines would not have been a good PD
experience.
I had the same bradykinisia in line with my skis on as I do on dry land.
The poles help tho.
I also, after having been diagnosed 2 1/2 yr. ago, finally met another PWP,
 That was also a positive experience. She has had it about 7 yrs and seemed
in good shape to me.  Walk was a bit shuffling and her voice volume lower,
but that was it.

And lastly, for anyone thinking of speech therapy,  I just for the heck of
it called my HMO (Aetna) and they told me they would cover it!  Having my
first session on Friday- they've agreed to 12 sessions initially. If I had
known that I would have started much sooner.  I have a severe case of the
What?'s.  Lee Silverman isn't available here in NW NJ but they're sending
me to respected rehab center (Christopher Reeves spent his first rehab
period there).
So - it's work checking with your insurer.

B. Bruce Anderson (51, 2.5 yrs)