In a message dated 97-05-14 09:25:17 EDT, John Walker wrote:

<< Several people on Nettrain pointed me to Medline as the premier
 source for medical research on the Net. >>

IMO, MEDLINE is next to useless.  MEDLARS is a much, much, much, much richer
source of medical research.  An example is that when my husband entered
"ascorbates + parkinsons" in MEDLINE he got no hits for the past 4 years.
 When he entered the same search in MEDLARS he got 24 hits.

Then he went back to MEDLINE and typed "your ass with both hands" and hit the
FIND button.  No hits -- sure enough, MEDLINE couldn't find its ass with both
hands.

Go to http://www.gratefulmed.com  for information on MEDLARS.  It isn't free
but it is set up so that the search time itself is all you're charged and the
average search costs $2.

Hope I don't offend anyone.  It's my husband who's so crude, you see....

Deanne Charlton