RE:  Cataract Removal

My husband, 66/3, had cataract removal and implants on both eyes last
summer.  They were done within three weeks of one another.  The procedure
was done by laser and he was not put to sleep.  The whole procedure was done
out-patient and lasted about two hours or less.  He did not take his
medication before the surgery, but was told that he could take it with a sip
of water if necessary. All went very well, and it did not seem to have any
stressful effect.  My husband's most disabling symptoms are confusion, loss
of short term memory, and anxiety.  He has some ridgidity but no tremor at
this time.  Hope this answers some of your questions.  Good luck!

At 04:02 PM 5/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>PWP- CG,
>PD/CGs
>
>Here's a related-type question?  Have any of you had experience with having
>surgery for cataracts with a PD tremor waiting to start moving with the
>stress of an operation?
>The last time I had surgery (Emergency Gall Bladder), I woke up with
>Parkinson's
>Disease.  I guess that can't happen again but something else could happen...I
>can't imagine lying still.
>I've written some Opthomology organizations but have no reply yet.  If you
>have some insight into Cataract surgery with PD, I'd appreciate hearing from
>you.  Thanks!
>
>Patricia of [log in to unmask]
>60 - 3 years

Edythe E. Lord