Hi, Patricia:  I meant to reply earlier to your question about having the
cataract surgery done by laser.  My mother had an excellent experience having
hers done on an outpatient basis, with laser.  She then had implants (tried
contact lenses at first -- bad idea).  She did not have PD, but was well into
her 70's and plagued by several health problems, so the entire family nearly
fainted when she did so beautifully with the cataract surgery -- twice!
 Also, my sister-in-law had the same surgery a couple years ago, and also had
it done with lasers and implants.  She did beautifully, too.  Hope this
helps.  Delda White ([log in to unmask])