Is a good reaction to Permax viewed in the same way a positive reaction to
Sinemet is — that is, a confirmation of a PD diagnosis? My mother Joyce, 67
and recently diagnosed, is only now feeling a positive reaction to her
drugs and it happened during her increased Permax dosages recently. She's
been on Sinemet for a few months now 25/100 about 4x/day and added Permax
about two months ago, although she is still not at her prescribed dosage.
She recently added one pill each time she took Permax and has realized
better balance, lack of dizziness, and those headaches over the eyes are
better. Also, she's sleeping well. It's had no effect on the stiffness in
her left hand and arm (nor on her slightly slurred speech, which I can
detect over the phone).

While taking the Sinemet and then the Sinemet and Permax combination
(though at a lower Permax dose) she did know when she was coming off the
drugs. However, when she was on the drugs, she felt no benefit. So the
improvements were not dramatic (only the lack of drugs was noticeable).

(I should mention that she just found out that she has moderate
osteoporosis and is on meds  for that, but I'm assuming that isn't a factor
here.)

As always, thanks for your help.

Debbie White