I think I can explain the phenomenon of why people don't always do what is
healthy.
Most of what is healthy involves either giving up something we enjoy, or
doing something we hate.  Think about this! Would I rather excersize until I
get all sweaty and everything hurts, which will make me feel better..in a few
weeks..or eat a large chocolate bar with almonds, which will make me feel
better right now, and maybe in a few weeks I'll be in an emergency room
clutching my fat blocked heart, or MAYBE,
I'll be out looking for more chocolate, the white kind, that rots my teeth
before I even take it out of the wrapper...... Life is so uncertain, but
enough fat, chocolate-loving folks can ensure that we'll never see a heart
surgeon  on welfare!