The ball now consists of 24,500 feet of tie-able material. It is 51
inches in diameter, stands 17 inches high, and weighs 20 pounds. We have
received material from 28 cities in 12 states, and from 6 countries
outside the US.
It will be displayed at the Parkinson's Unity Walk in New York City on
September 27. The two of us and the other members of the committee will
attend the walk. We hope to bring a bus load of people from the
Rochester area along with us.
Locally, the ball will be displayed for a week in a booth at the Monroe
County Fair. We will be asking visitors to donate a dollar to add a yard
of yarn to the ball. We are looking at the possibility of doing
something similar at a couple of suburban malls in July and August.
The ball received some publicity recently. An article about the ball and
our committee appeared in 11 town newspapers in the Rochester area.
We need your continued support to keep the ball growing. if you have not
sent your tie-able material yet, please mail it to:
        Parkinson's Support Group of Upstate New York (PSGUNY)
        ATTENTION: BALL
        P. O. Box 23204
        Rochester, New York 14692-3204
Please encourage your family, friends and support group members to send
at least one foot of tie-able material as well.
If we work together to make this ball gigantic, we will help to bring
the national media to the Parkinson's Unity Walk. This will give our
cause some greatly needed attention that has been denied to us for too
long.
Several people whose names appear on postings here on the network have
sent string.
Keep the envelopes coming.
John and Donna Testa