Hi Sue,

> I am particularly interested in your description of the 'floppies'.  I am
45
> and have not been diagnosed with PD, but have calcification of the basal
> ganglia, which apparently produces a Parkinson syndrome.  However, my
problem
> is more weakness and intermittent floppiness, with episodes of virtual
> paralysis, when only my eyelids flicker and wrists and hands twitch.

I am not a medical doctor, but only one part of a multi-disciplinary team
researching the epidemiology of PD in rural areas.  But there are many
reports of PWP's experiencing a state where they are incapable of moving,
not because of the suffering effects of bradykinesia usually felt, where
the muscles are in a state of prolonged contraction, but because of muscles
in a state of prolonged relaxation.  Fortunately, this state seems
relatively rare, passes within 2-4 hours, and apparently leaves no
side-effects.  Very worrying if one hasn't assistance on hand, though.

> I would really appreciate any more information you could supply regarding
> this, as I am finding this prelonged period of non-diagnosis very trying.
 My
> symptoms also include fatigue, double vision, blurred vision, joint pain,
> sensory disturbances, dragging feet when tired.

These are all symptoms experienced by PWP's, but unfortunately, with regard
to diagnosis, not confined to PD.  PD is a much more complex disorder than
most shallow descriptions of it, even in respected medical texts, would
have us believe.  For example, their are over two dozen other complaints
which could be misdiagnosed as PD.  I am very sorry to hear of the agony of
mind you must be experiencing while waiting for confirmation, but a
confident diagnosis of PD by a truly professional neurologist does, I am
afraid, take time.

> I apologise once again for butting in,

No PWP *ever* has to apologise to me.  :-)

Jim