Brian Collins wrote:

> and there is a quantity left over. I imagine this left-over amount as
> rather like a river in flood, and over flowing its banks, spreading into
> areas and stimulating muscles which we do not want to be stimulated. There
> is another feature of a flooding river which is relevant: a river usually
> floods at the same points, and covers the same areas of land, just as in
> PD, when the dyskinesias occur, it is the same muscles which start acting
> up. ( I am referring to my personal experience here: Other people will no
> doubt find different muscles are affected, because (to use the flooded
> river analogy, the topography of the surrounding landscape is different, so
> different muscles are triggered, but again always the same for that person.
>  Your mention of the 'Synaptic cleft' as a return path for dopamine
> interested me , because I wondered if this might be our 'flooded river' -
> the place where an excess of dopamine has to go, and in the process fires
> off these semi-random tremors.

Hi Brian,

In your river model you forgot to mention that our body must have too
some sort of "dams" and other systems for "flood control" .... what
would you say abou it ? What happens if they do not operate as they
should to avoid the "floods" ?   :-)

REgards,
   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+