Hi Joan:

While possibly coincidental, I began to experience migraines about 8
years ago -- shortly before I was diagnosed as a PWP. While intially
bearable, their intensity increased to the  debilitating level I know
you're now encountering. In my case, I was fortunate enough to
discover that the migraines were triggered by a combination of stress,
 lack of sleep plus a number of foods including long-time culprits
such as chocolate, yellow cheese, red meat,  and (more curiously) raw
onions. And while my line of work hinders my ability to avoid stress,
I certainly have full control over the dietary portion of the formula
-- which seems to help reduce the frequency and intensity of the
migraines.

Also, for whatever reason, the migraines usually hit early in the
morning (4 a.m. or later) which make it easier for me to go into
"evasive maneuvers"  which  center on taking a Fiorinal (butilbitol)
at the very first HINT of the BIG "M" and jumping into the shower and
spending about 10 minutes alternating hot and cold water pulsating on
my eyes and forehead. If it's still early enough to do so, I'll then
usually gets me to a functional  level for the rest of the day.

Joan, I suspect that you've probably gone full-circle with various
"remedies", but I certainly hope that by some chance,  my
observations at least offer the possibility of some relief. Good Luck
and Best Wishes.