Linda,

I'm glad you're posting information about nutrients and bruising to the list.
 I just want to add that I knew a woman for several years who had a horrific
response to vitamin K in any amount.  She had to avoid it in all foods and
supplements.  She was politically active in trying to get more attention paid
to the problem, which was not limited to just herself.  She eventually died
of complications arising from the vitamin K malady.

But, for almost all of us, the nutrient information you posted is valid.  The
good news for the pill phobics among us is that adequate vitamin K can be
found in a good diet ('good" meaning one that includes the items mentioned in
your post), and vitamin C is easily found in foods.  Supplementation of
vitamin C can be in pill, powder or liquid form.

Now for another foray in the "I don't take pills" thread.  If the objection
to taking pills is because we are "supposed" to get our nutrients from food
and not in concentrated forms represented by pills, then all foods "should"
be eaten raw.  Cooking food indensifies some of the nutrients in them and
evaporates or weakens others), thus making them "unnaturally" concentrated or
depleted.

BTW, Linda, I have noticed that some of your posts are beautifully written
and some are a field of grammatical and punctuational land mines.  Is this
from bood sugar fluctuations, 2am fatigue or multiple personalities <grin> ?

Deanne Charlton