Billy,

<< Deanne: I expect that you also sleep with your head pointed to
 the magnetic pole so you can be in harmony with the magnetic
 field?  Anyway, you are right, if it works for you, go for it,
 eh?

Ha!  I knew you'd make me laugh if you replied to that one.  Some Native
American Indians felt that one had to sleep with the head pointed North.
 And, on the old "Newlywed Game" show, the question was: "When you lie on
your back in bed, which direction do you face?"  I thought be best reply was,
"Up," but they really were asking for compass directions.  I am a
nonparticipant in the use of outside magnets, but am fascinated with the
science (not so much by the anecdotes) involved.

Deanne