I am joining this discussion group to act as a conduit for my  76 year old
mother, Geraldine Locker, who has had PD for 6-7 years. I only learned of
this forum from a colleauge, Ron Reiner  three weeks ago, and so far, I like
what I see.

Some history on G. locker

In 1980 she underwent an ILEOSTOMY, and has since been on a Vitamin 3B+
supplement called PENTA .
She was diagnosed with PD six (6) years ago, and is most affected  by the
symptoms on her right side, hand and foot.

Current PD medication

NOVO-SELEGILINE (used to be called ELDEPRYL)
Dosage 5mg times (2) tabs  per day
She has been on this medication for 5-6 years.

PARLODEL-(BROMOCRIPDINE)
Dosage 5mg times (4) caps  per day
She has been on this medication for 3-4 years

Allergies- None

She currently suffers with painful burning feet, which she describes as
swollen painful veins from the ankle down.  To look at the feet they appear
 discoloured with darkened blotches. Years ago she complained of painful
feet, however this was only upon awakening in the morning, and passed within
 one hour.   Over the past 5-6 months the situation is such that the pain on
occassion could last all day, and make walking virtually impossible.
To combat this current condition,  her physician prescribed  DYAZIDE-HCTZ
TRIAMETERENE which is supposed to help with water retention, which it does,
and results in the temporary relief of the pain in her feet. However, in
doing so, it results in an acute case of dry mouth, likely because she is
prone to become easily dehydrated because of the ILEOSTOMY. She has been
examined by a podiatrist, who has concluded that her feet, notwithstanding
 the pain are not the cause for the  swollen veins.

I am looking for help from anyone who has  heard of an  experience such as
this and could provide some guidance.
Margaret Tuchman , Ron Reiner forwarded me your E-Mail, I understand you
have a program, Clinical Pharmacology, can you please help?

My mother is a  fighter, as I am sure you or your loved ones with PD are,
you have to be. However, I would love to be able to reduce the pain in her
feet, if just a little bit..

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Bryan Locker