Get ready for this: It was a PRINTER, just like the one on display!  Except
for  it not wanting to recognize the set up CD ROM and having to use the 3
1/2" floppies to set the printer up, it seems to be excellent. For anyone who
needs to be lulled to sleep, I wil enumerate my printer experience: 1,
decided that the free Epson color printer that came with my computer was not
going to be easily revived, tried throwing in expensive new ink carts, etc,
and it only sounds like it will print, acts like ink is empty, but it is not,
etc etc. I decided to bring for warranty repair, told I have to get cleared
with Epson, will take 10 days turnaround time, etc. SO, after looking at 5
years worth of Consumer Reports mags, except for the special one with the
reports on printers, got CU on the net, learned that the Canon which was on
sale for about $230, needs a new printhead every 2500 copies, at a cost of
$255 !  I decided that I would buy an Hewlett Packard, because I had one for
years and loved it, had no problems, and it has now gone to college with my
daughter. I then spent 2 hours in two stores deciding between features, speed
and price.  I picked the Deskjet 694 C and I believe it is a winner.  I am
almost ready to lose my negative atitude about electronics.............BUT I
will wait and make sure it doesn't start smoking and flying around the room
like an M-80 firecracker after I print a few more pages.  OR spit sheets of
paper full of multicolor splotches of $80- an -ounce ink onto the floor while
making sounds like bagpipes being attacked by irate wildcats.  I could live
with this, but I HATE the things the support techs say when I try to describe
these typical printer problems!  At least the book doesn't tell me that "if
the printer is not turned on with the power switch, it will be SEVERELY
DAMAGED!" OR "If the ink is removed before it is empty, the printer will be
SEVERELY DAMAGED!" I will say this: If the new printer messes up like the
"old "new printer, I will operate the power switch with a  sledge hammer and
it will be "SEVERELY DAMAGED" and the WARRANTY will be VOIDED, as if I had
used the wrong brand of ink, that only costs $60 and ounce,  but I can live
with this!  If anyone is still awake, GOODNIGHT!