---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 23:20:10 -0400
From:   "Robert A. Fink, M.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: New Prescription

> My Shink has prescribed two new (to me) drugs to help me sleep and to
> get over fatigue and depression. They are Zyprexa (ollanzapine) 5mg at
> bedtime and nortriptyline 75mg at bedtime. I haven't seen these two
> drugs mentioned on this list, has anyone else had any experience with
> them? I did find some info on Medscape Navigator that says olanzapine is
> similar to clozapine.  Thanks for any info.

I am not very familiar with Olanzapine, as I do not use it in my
practice; but I have seen some reports that it can aggravate PD
symptoms.  It is, from what I know, in the same category as the other
dopamine antagonists (like Thorazine and Haldol), and I would ask my
doctor a lot of questions before taking it.

Just my $0.02,

Bob

ROBERT A. FINK, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
Phone:  (510) 849-2555   FAX:  (510) 849-2557

WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"