        I agree with what Charles and Ida have written about the validity of
the survey regarding the incidence of diabetes in Parkinson's families.
There is a very strong selection bias present because those with diabetic
relatives would be much more likely to respond (probably because they are
more interested).  It's important to know what the rate of diabetes is in
the general population and also to have a control group to see if the rate
of diabetes is different in a non-Parkinson's group of subjects of similar
age, weight, and gender.
        The right way to do it would be to take a (random) sample of those
with Parkinson's Disease and a random sample of similarly matched non-PWP's
and ask both groups if there is diabetes in their families.  Comparing that
result might suggest that there is or is not a relationship between PD and
diabetes. This is awfully hard to do, which is why survey's are usually done
at research facilities, with money, manpower and expertise.  I think what we
have might be 'interesting', but not scientifically valid.
         Thanks for all your effort Ivan.  At least it kept you off the
streets and out of trouble.

        Susan Hamburger, cg for Stan 62/16
It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the
best, you very often get it.
                     W. Somerset Maughm