My wife, Cecily 77/~20 quit driving about 10-12 years ago. She was losing
confidence in herself and one day as she was driving we noticed her foot
bouncing on the accelerator and the engine responding accordingly. She
decided that that was enough and quit driving.  When things like this
happen to us ( and here, by "us" I mean all PWPs and CGs ) we have a
choice, laugh or cry. We choose to laugh. Some days we laugh a lot.  From
watching this forum, I suspect that the people here are a mixture of
laughers and criers. After ~20 years I strongly advise all to laugh more. I
know it is hard to see anything funny in watching your spouse fall or have
trouble getting started moving, etc. ,well, it's not funny at all, but if
you cry all the time you can easily get dehydrated very fast.
Bob Anibal  [log in to unmask]