On 05/26/97 Marvin Giles paid tribute to his wife, saying:

>I'm still afraid of many unknowns, but I've one less thing to fear.

I think we all, PWPs and caregivers alike, appreciate your words greatly,
for they speak for many of us too.

We caregivers are also deeply afraid of the unknowns involved with PD. The
future is often terrifying.

It usually happens that we enter into marriage when we are young and have
not yet aquired the knowledge that comes from experience. Our choices are
not always wise. The afflictions we develop years later will often test the
true devotion and stamina of caregivers, whether they be spouse, children,
or friend.

And a caregiver, too, is fortunate to have a partner who tries to carry the
burden of the disease with unselfish consideration.

There are many examples of this kind of caring here on the list. Whether it
was dumb luck or true wisdom in the choices we made long before, we are
fortunate in our partners in PD when there is the kind of devotion Marvin
described.

Martha Rohrer (CG for Neal, 77/12)