 My Shink has prescribed two new (to me) drugs to help me sleep and to
> get over fatigue and depression. They are Zyprexa (ollanzapine) 5mg at
> bedtime and nortriptyline 75mg at bedtime. I haven't seen these two
> drugs mentioned on this list, has anyone else had any experience with
> them? I did find some info on Medscape Navigator that says olanzapine is
> similar to clozapine.  Thanks for any info.

in a retirement home who has Parkinson's was given Zyprexa by his doctor.
 The doctor monitored him very closely for 10 days and then took him off the
drug.  He became very sick, was hospitalized and immobile for weeks.   My
cousin called to make sure we didn't use it.  I am uncertain about the
specifics of her friends reaction, but could check with her if you don't get
any other responses.  I tried looking it up on the internet but found no
precautions listed.  Also believe it was just approved in November of 1996
and did not make the lastest book which lists all the drugs.  I suppose a
call to your druggest, if he has a computer listing for drugs, might elicit
more information ... just thought of that, perhaps I'll try that one.
   Anyway, your caution in  checking out your drugs may have been very well
advised.

Virginia Christiansen
White Plains, NY