In a message dated 97-05-21 10:26:35 EDT, Margie writes:

<< The primary exercise that seemed to be of benefit (and the only one I
 remember right now) was one in which he stood with his heels, buttocks,
back,
 and head against a doorframe and held the position for a few minutes.  Then
 relaxed and repeated the exercise.  If nothing else, it reminded him how far
 forward his head normally was, just because of how far back from his normal
 position he had to tilt his head to touch the doorframe.  Personally, I
think
 strategically-placed mirrors around the house would be good reminders to
 watch the posture, because it seems to me a PWP doesn't receive the same
 feedback from his body re: posture as a non-PWP. >>

The exercise you describe sounds like torture for a PWP or other individual
with tight front muscles and overworked, hardened back & neck muscles --
unless the tissues involved have been addressed with appropriate bodywork
first.  Having someone do the hands-on work to release tension in the muscle
fibers and surrounding fascia will allow everything involved to slide, glide
and otherwise move more freely.  That means the front muscles will "give" and
allow the back muscles to hold the head up without such great effort.
 Rolfing or Core Bodywork or any well developed system of fascial release can
help achieve this.

I like the suggestion about mirrors.  Just don't show me any while I'm
slumped over the keyboard !

Deanne Charlton (CG)