Brian:

I've learned an important lesson -- not to touch the keyboard after 3
a.m.! At any rate,  I managed to omit a couple of key words which
probably would have redeemed me ...... "acetylcholine, the chemical
which induces Parkinson's symptoms when [Dopamine] levels in the
brain are insufficient to restrain the influence of this
[neurotransmitter]. " As for  my comment that PD symptoms are
manifested by the acetylcholine, that observation was basically
lifted from  Dr. Roger Duvoisin who noted in his book Parkinson's
Disease: A Guide for Patient and Family : " It is believed that
dopamine acts to restrain the acetylcholine nerve cells, and that in
parkinsonism, the acetylcholine nerve cells are released from this
restraining influence. Their unrestrained and consequently improperly
regulated activity contributes in some manner to the various symptoms.
 Drugs that block or inhibit the action of acetylcholine tend to
ameliorate the symptoms, where as drugs that act by enhancing or
imitating the action of acetylcholine cause an increase in
parkinsonian symptoms." In effect, dopamine is not the "cause of PD
symptoms", but it's depletion engenders the symptoms brought on by
the "unrestrained" acetylcholine nerve cells.

Brian, please excuse my overzealous defense. It's probably a carry-
over from my high school debate days. Take care.

P.S. I don't know where the "MR. JOHN C. FAUS" monicker came from.....
 "Jack" is what I go by normally.