In a message dated 97-05-21 08:45:13 EDT, Stehphen Koepfer writes:

<<  I had the
 pleasure of meeting IDA ROLF in person many years ago. Her theory of
 structural intergration worked well for my mother. My mother and I were both
 Rolfed by her son Richard Demerle. It is a small world. >>

What I have heard through the years is that Richard had hands like hams and
that he Rolfed as though he was driving a bulldozer through all soft tissue
that he came across.  I hope this is exaggeration, and I hope it was not your
experience.

I was blessed with a Rolfer who insinuated his way through the layers and
fibers.  I, too, had some dynamic changes occur.  To the inevitable question
from people who have heard of this technique, I always respond, "Hurt?  No,
at least it never hurt me. There were times when it got ALL MY ATTENTION, but
it never actually hurt."

I recommend it to everyone who has a body, but it is expensive and takes the
basic ten sessions, so I also recommend Somassage, which is based on it, and,
even more, Core Bodywork, which is usually less expensive and in which there
is the possiblilty of one-to-three sessions to make a difference.

I hope Ida isn't twirling in her grave at such heresy.

Deanne Charlton (CG)