Hi Deanne!

>This is just MHO, but why not let him do that?  Has he tried it and had a bad
>response?  I know you indicated concern about the amount of amino acids (and
>I can't quite tell what you're saying about those amounts--I think you're
>indicating that there are 400mg of one amino acid, varying amounts of others,
>and at least one that is nearly 3 grams).  Amino acids occur in varying
>amounts in natural sources, so the range in the Pro Ammo is not unusual.  (I
>LOVE the names marketers come up with for nutrient products!  I just about
>fall down and roll around with my legs flailing up in the air -- you know,
>Parkinson's-like <g> --  when I see the bodybuilder energizer called UP YOUR
>GAS.)  The U. S. RDA of protein is on the label, so you can tell what "too
>much" really would be.  Anyway, it would be a reasonably safe experiment.  If
>he has a bad response, you'd know not to let him run amok in the fridge any
>more.

  My father has had several tests done a blood(plasma) and a hair
analysis, I use these two with a combined effort to bring his highs and
lows into range. I did this with my son several years ago, but I also
had the help of Dr Shaw's Metabolic testing, that shows levels of glycolysis,
amino acid metabolites, fatty acid metabolites, yeast and fungal, bacteria,
anaerobic bacterial, neurotransmitters, and pyrimidines. This was an
urine analysis and the lab can be reached at 913/ 341-8949.
  I get alot of help from my doctor and have been lucky to get the guidance
when I need it. Believe me it is alot of work! The tests are only guides,
not fact.  It took me a while to find the right doctor, see I had tons of
tests run on my son by a neurologist, he said nothing was abnormal, my
son went throught 2 years of being extremely fatiqued, until I began
testing with an environmental doctor whose test results showed my son
was severly deficient in zinc, four days of supplements and he was a
new child! This probably angered me more than anything, so I always
insist on copies. This is why I told everyone to find a doctor that
would treat them as an individual, I am not even sure that neurologist
even looked at the test results. So to answer your question, my fathers'
protein levels were low, and the last test showed an increase in protein,
this gave me some idea of what would keep him at middle range. I did not
want to go overboard and have an excessive amount of protein, not that
it would hurt him, but it would compete with absorpation of other nutrients.
This is what a hair analysis and a blood test will give you, provided will
be the normal range, where you stand, and a brief explanation from the lab.

Blood test                     Hair Analysis
                               Toxic elements    Nutrients    other

Glucose                        aluminum          calcium      barium
Uric Acid                      antimony          magnesium    germanium
Bun                            arsenic           sodium       rubidium
Creatatinine, serum            beryllium         potassium    titanium
sodium                         bismuth           copper       zirconium
potassium                      cadmium           zinc
chloride                       lead              iron
calcium                        mercury           manganese
phosphorus                     nickel            chromium
protein                        platinum          cobalt
albumin                        silver            vanadium
globulin                       thallium          molybdenum
bilirubin                      thorium           boron
alkaline phosphatase           tin               iodine
LDH                            uranium           lithium
SGOT                                             phosphorus
Sgpt                                             selenium
GGT                                              strontium
Iron                                             sulfur
Cholesterol
Triglycerides
HDL
LDL
Insulin
RBC
WBC
hemoglobin
Hematocrit
MCV
MCh
MCHC
Platelets
Polys
Lymphs
Monocytes
Eos
Basos
Polys

>Deanne, You probably already know this about the tests, and this is
     why I am sending it back to the list. Perhaps there is someone
     like me, that had to learn the hard way.<grin>
                           Best Wishes Linda Forrest's Mom