Andy,

Your comments about pallidotomies certainly hold true in my case.
Although I've had P. D. for 20 years tremor has never been a problen,
but the dyskinesias caused by the Sinemet was driving me up the wall
until I had the surgery.  The pallidotomy almost entirely eliminated
that.  It didn't result in a miracle but I benefitted enough that my
life is more pleasant.  I didn't suffer any permanent ill effects
although my speech was affected for a few weeks. The operation itself
was most interesting and involved no pain.

Joan Holliday <[log in to unmask]>