> person. But according to her, it was the blue green algae that gave  her
> that extra push.  They are from a company out of Klamath Falls Oregon.
and
> harvested from a crystal clear lake in that region. We have done lots of

A word of ***WARNING*** to anyone thinking of harvesting their own!!

The major Murray-Darling inland river system in Australia, which covers 4
states, has a very serious problem with blue-green algae of a particularly
poisonous variety.

(This river system drains an area equivalent to the Mississippi-Missouri
system in the US, but nowhere the same volume, as we do not have the
equivalent of the Rockies in the catchment, and we are the driest inhabited
continent on earth, as well as the lowest and flattest.  Our major weather
patterns are affected by the same "El Nino" ocean phenomenon as is Chile.
It migrates between South America and Australia.)

Ours is obviously not the same type of algae as that in Nancy's letter, as
she refers to "a crystal clear lake", while ours grows in stagnant,
phosphorous-rich water, and does not have any "freshes" to flush it out.

So plleeaassee!!!  Be *very* careful. Treat it like you would mushrooms; if
you don't know, don't consume it.

Jim