I can recall a few funny or hairy experiences with driving
since PD diagnosis. Firstly, when initially on Madopar, I
inadvertently took too high a dose and experienced the
odd visual peculiarity. Driving along one day, I was
horrified to find the dashboard and controls seemed to
have changed and no longer included the speedo!

Another problem I have had several times is feeling so
tired I had to battle against falling asleep at the wheel.

A couple of years ago, I drove into the back of a
stationary car. To this day I do not know why, but
can only think I got confused and depressed the
wrong pedal. After that day, I stopped driving manuals
and now drive automatic cars only. Also, I never listen
to the radio while driving, in an effort to concentrate fully
on what I need to do driving the car.

This year I have experienced frequent "off" times. When
this happens to me while I am out and I still have to drive
home, it takes all my will to get my foot to move from one
pedal to another at the right time.

Hope these revelations are of some help.

Robyn (48/ diag 7yrs)