-- After Inkshed, I volunteered to kick off a book discussion of Alberto
Manguel's _History of Reading_ on the Casll list.  So, here goes:

First, a confession, I've been teaching and running around like a
chicken ... this term and haven't actually finished the book.

However, I know that Mary-Louise, Margaret, and Andrea at the very least
have finished it, so go ahead.  Kick off the discussion yourselves and
I'll join in as soon as I've finished it (or gotten far enough through
it to feel like I might have something to contribute)

regards,

Rob Irish
Dr. Robert Irish
Coordinator of Language Across the Curriculum
Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering
University of Toronto
e-mail: [log in to unmask]