I realize some of you may resent facetious use of the list, and so I
apologize in advance. But to all of you who don't care and have nothing
better to do, I have a rather silly request: my father will turn 80
years old on Friday, June 6. He's a real e-mail fan, and checks his
computer at least twice a day, so his somewhat addled children (9 of us)
are asking people far and wide to e-mail him birthday greetings on or
before the 6th. The joke will only work if he has no idea why complete
strangers are wishing him well, so if you do send him a message, don't
mention me or this request, although you might refer to his tennis game,
his beloved lawn and garden, or his favourite drink (rum and coke) if
you really want to confuse him. His address is:
Thanks very much. You can now go back to your serious academic business.
Have a wonderful summer!
Anthony Pare