>The English Department at the University of Alberta has created the position
>of Writing Coordinator, and I'm it.
>
>We're taking a hard look at our writing programs, from the composition
>component of first-year courses to senior non-fiction courses where we are
>trying to initiate more involvement with the community at large.
>
>If you have descriptions, course outlines, mission statements, what have
>you, that can be easily faxed or emailed, I'd be very interested in seeing the
m.

>I also hope to attend the opening of SFU's Writing Centre on May 12, so you
>could catch me there.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ted Bishop

Hi, I am working on a dissertation, "The History of Writing Instruction
in Western Canadian Universities" and would be glad to share with you any information
about Alberta I have, but I suspect you might be more valuable to me
than I am to you.  Would you please, when you have the time, give me a
run-down of what U of A currently offers for writing instruction.  I am
particularly interested in the writing component of your first-year
course.

Thanks!

Kevin Brooks
Department of English