Brian,

PWP's who suffer from 'end of dose' dyskinesia usually suffer from 'start
of dose' dyskinesia too. You don't report that. Nevertheless it is possible
that
your reaction on overdosing is the same as a regular (as is described in the
typical DID-reaction) 'end of dose' reaction. The past years it hardly happened
to me I overdosed myself to the point of having the top of med's dyskinesia. So
if your reaction is the same it is not triggered by the same stimuli. Maybe
your end of dose dykinesia is not at all the same as the
one that is part of the DID way of reacting.
Maybe you simply can't react the DID way, like someone who has no Parkinson
can't react on dopamine the way PWP's do. If that is true, count your blessings.

For a long time I did assume I had to fight my dysk. by taking less
sinemet and so I have  tried (among others) the liquid form. It has been
confusing for me. Now that I take my sinemet dose more concentrated in a
smaller part of the day and as a consequence kick the habit every day, my
dyskinesia is only a fraction of what it was before.
I do not think at all this is the best thing to do for everyone. I am
convinced the so called DID's are a minority in Parkinsonia.
About your advise, to be carefull with the quick start, you are right. In
my experience the immediate consequences of being overdosed may not be
worse than being underdosed, but, after the overdosing it is more difficult to
go back
to the most feasible equilibrium.
That's why it makes sense to increase PWP's awareness of these matters.

                               Ida Kamphuis, 53/12+
                                        Holland

Brian, You wrote:

> > The idea of crushing the tablet reminds me of something I read this
week in an earlier APDA newsletter (Spring 1996).  There's a column by
Enrico Fazzini, D.O., Ph.D (Asst Prof. Neurology, NY Univ.) that includes
brief answers to readers questions.  One reader says, in part, that it takes
up to an hour for his Sinemet CR dose to start working.  Fazzini replies
for this specific PWP that, in part, perhaps taking a regular 25/100
Sinemet (not CR) simultaneously with the Sinemet CR would help. I want to warn
you of a danger inherent in the process,....>>