Dear List-Friends....

My PD  support group had 2 guest speakers from pharmaceutical companies at our
May 24th meeting, one of whom worked for Upjohn, the maker of Pramipexole.

Sorry I'm reporting the following information a week after I heard it, but I
went straight to onto an offline-state for the 2 days immediately after the
meeting to join in my daughter's wedding festivities right after that meeting.

I returned to find myself not only swamped with work, but to the news that one
of my 14 MSN staff members had died!!!  (in fact, I was voice-talking to Ivan
S. when I got the news!) In the ensuing chaos and planning for her memorial
service, I neglected to pass on the information garnered from the Upjohn Rep.

About a year ago, Upjohn paid a SPECIAL PREMIUM to the FDA in order to get the
FDA to EXPEDITE the release date of Pramipaxole!!!   In accepting the premium,
the FDA allegedly PROMISES the pharmaceutical company (any pharmaceutical
company that pays it) the drug in question WILL be in the marketplace no
longer than one year after the premium payment.  And the year is up in August
on Pramipaxole... which is when Upjohn is figuring the drug will be given
permission by the FDA to begin marketing it's product..

According to the Upjohn Rep... Upjohn HAS been ready to release the drug for
several months and it's the FDA that's slowing 'em down.

HANG IN THERE, People!!

Barb Mallut